DIY PAPER FLOWERS
- Tissue paper
- Washi tape
- Pipe cleaners or small dowels
- Egg cartons – already dyed are great
- Pom poms
How to make them:
Make an egg carton tulip!
- Cut the egg cartons up until you get something that resembles a tulip. Poke a hole in the middle of the bottom of the tulip shape.
- Twist a few pipe cleaners together to strengthen them or poke a dowel through the hole in the tulip shaped egg carton.
- Twist a little loop inside the egg carton to secure it inside. This will help the flower to look like it has stamen in the center, like a real flower.
- Get all your fun craft supplies out on the table, glue on pom poms, stickers, hand paint them, glue on feathers…anything that is fun and colorful and suits your fancy.
Make a tissue rose!
- Take a piece of tissue paper and fold it in quarters.
- Fluff it and wrinkle it for texture
- Pinch an area at one side tucked in a bit, and then lightly roll the tissue paper back.
- Roll all the way in making a rose.
- Once you have the rose shape with it’s layers, insert a dowel or a doubled-up twisted pipe cleaner. Tighten the bottom to securely wrap around the stem.
- Wrap tightly with washi tape that is printed or glitter tape.
- Hot glue the ends of the tape to make sure it doesn’t unravel later on.
Make a doily flower!
- Take your leftover doilies for Easter crafts (these were actually heart shaped) and shape them around your egg carton tulip shape, that already has a stem inside.
- Fold the doily layers back to resemble real petals.
- Continue to add layers until it is a full flower. Offset your petals a bit so they can all be seen and it gives your flower more dimension.
- Use washi tape with fun prints and glitter design to wrap around the base of the flower where it connects to the stem. Hot glue the top and bottom of the tape to make sure it doesn’t unravel.
Et voila…la fleur de papier!